Plains Game Hunting
Ivy Safaris is an excellent Plains Game hunting destination for passionate hunters looking for a real walk and stalk experience! We will get your feet dirty and let you really feel the thrill of a true African hunt. Our experienced Professional Hunters will guide you in the art of bushveld hunting. We accommodate hunters over a wide range of skills, from novice to experienced hunters from young to mature. Hunting, for us, is not all about the kill, but rather the total experience. Get out into the "African Bushveld" and experience the excitement of the stalk and the exhilaration of the chase. For us hunting is a way of life!
Combinations of wingshooting, plains game hunting, dangerous game hunts and sight-seeing tours can be arranged. Safaris can be tailor-made to suit your requirements.
We can work out a package that will fit your budget. Just send us all the details of what you would like on your safari and we will send you various package options to choose from.
Included in the daily rate:
- Services of licensed Professional Hunters
- Support staff including skinners, trackers, cooks & camp assistants
- Use of hunting vehicles within the hunting area
- Accommodation in our delightful lodge and use of all facilities
- Top class meals prepared to your taste from the venison you have harvested
- Table wine and malt (No Spirits)
- Road transport to and from Gateway International Airport (Polokwane)
- Note: Transfer fees will be charged to/from OR Tambo Int. Airport (Johannesburg)
- 1% Government levy in South Africa
- Field preparation of trophies, slaughtering, skinning and caping
- For wingshooting - guides, bird carriers, bird hunting dogs and field preparation of birds.
Not included in the daily rate:
- Trophy/game fees for all killed or wounded animals
- Hire of firearms & ammunition used
- Observer activities eg. game drives, day trips, etc.
- Taxidermy costs
- Packaging, disinfecting & forwarding of trophies and mounted birds
- CITES license fees
- Flights to, from & within Southern Africa, including staff where applicable
- Any accommodation other than Thaba Lodge, including safari staff where applicable
- Gratuities to staff (Tip)
- Any bank fees charged on payments received
- Transfers from OR Tambo Int. Airport (Johannesburg)
- Meat remains the property of Ivy Safaris
An average day at Ivy Safaris may include:
- Waking up to a mug of coffee/tea with a rusk or piece of toast on the side
- Dashing out the door with one of Lisa's famous chocolate crunchie treats in hand
- Meeting up with all the safari staff who will be assisting you on a daily basis
- Time to "hit the bush" either walking straight from the lodge or taking a ride to another area
- Coming back to a delicious ranch-style brunch
- Taking a well-deserved midday rest/nap to recharge for the afternoon's activities
- Going for an afternoon hunt
- Enjoying a beer or drink of your choice on the way back to the lodge
- Drinking Mark's famous G&T before dinner starts
- Enjoying an unforgettable dinner or traditional braai (BBQ) around the fire under the big fig tree
- Perhaps going for a Night drive to round off the day, but many choose to "hit the hay"!!
Remember: You can hire/rent rifles from us and we also have ammunition/shells for you to buy.
We have been members of PHASA since 1999 (Professional Hunters Association of South Africa)